Aerial Fitness fuses stretching style exercises, pilates based core moves, fun aerial challenges, strength training, balance and posture work, to help create new brain body connections. This is for those looking for something outside of the normal gym workout to stay fit or for those to use it as a great body conditioning in addition to your weight or cardio workouts. Aerial Fitness allows for the freedom for the different design of body types, personality types and in different levels of challenge for reviving or restoration. Aerial Fitness has a special focus on 3 dimensional movement, conditioning and joint rotation and mobility.
This is for the woman who wants a strong core, great flexibility, poise and posture, and is open to try something new.
This is for the man who can take a step outside the box to challenge himself, have fun with the flexibility, build muscle and solid core strength.
Aerial Fitness uses a soft hammock supporting 1,000 lbs to support and suspend the body to work with your body type using the effects of supported body weight and gravity to lengthen, strengthen, contract, extend muscles improve posture, add gentle traction effects, optional inversions, and align joints.
Why aerial fitness?
Fun combination of something new in the fitness environment to put your body in different positions and new ways you never thought you could. The support provided by the fabric makes using aerial silks very accessible for people of all ability levels.
AERIAL FITNESS BENEFITS
Benefits of aerial fitness include but not limited to:
- spinal decompression
- lymphatic movement
- fun mental acuity
- feeling of well being
- core strengthening
- upper body development
- lower body stability
- strengthen postural alignment muscles
- improve spatial awareness
- moving your body 3 dimensionally
- joint rotation and mobility
- muscle toning and strengthening
- create community with others going thru the same process
- increased circulation to the pituitary gland
- increase fluidity and agility in daily living
- safely experience more advanced positions and deeper poses
- working with and against gravity creates length or strength
- lessen pressure on joints to improve range of motion